Thursday 27 March 2014

Hair week!! Hair care for my hair and extentions!

So this week we're talking about all things hair! My hair, my extentions, washing and caring for my hair, products I use, products I'm testing, tools I'm using to style etc! I can't find a picture of the back of my head before the extentions went in but this is what my hair looks like now, and I love it.

I've got my natural colour at the top which is a light brown, with a blonde ombré effect towards the ends where my extentions are, I didn't have to colour my extentions they just seemed to blend in really well. I've decided to go back to my natural hair colour because I don't want any bleach used on my hair, I really want to get my hair healthy again and bleaching it was just making it worse. My hair already looks so much healthier than it did even last week! 


As you know I've got REALLY fine hair that has been falling out in handfuls over the past two years or so due to stress and hormones and all that lovely stuff! But I have finally managed to control it, and for the past I would say 3 months, it's has almost stopped falling out and now is growing quite considerably!!!

Today I'm going to focus on what I use to wash my hair, I only have extentions on the lower part of my head so I don't need to wash that as often as the crown which gets very greasy.

I section my own hair on the crown from the extentions and wash the top part every day, I find my hair gets very greasy, sometimes I can get away with dry shampoo but if not it will be washed.

For this I use....

Shampoo - This is what I'm using at the moment and I love it, I tend to change up my shampoo and conditioner every few months but I never leave the loreal elvive family! There's always a shampoo or conditioner that I need whether it's to treat my coloured hair, smooth out my fine, frizzy hair, or repairing fragile hair loreal elvive has something for everything.

Treatment - TRESemme platinum strength, I can't praise this enough, I LOVE it!! This is my desert island must have! I am 100% convinced that this is the product that has stopped my hair falling out. I ran out of this product the end of last year and within a week my hair was falling out again. I haven't made that mistake again! Need to keep a stock pile. So if you are having problems with losing your hair I would definitely recommend this. I use a small amount every day in between my shampoo and conditioner.


Conditioner - Same as the shampoo I love loreal elvive and I tend to stick to their products for shampoo and conditioners. 


I then pat dry lightly with a towel ready for protecting and styling products which I will talk about tomorrow!

I wash my extentions every 2 days or so, depending on if they need it, but I find every 2 days is a nice balance for me. 

I start by brushing my hair so there are not tangles before it gets wet. I use my normal shampoo and conditioner, but not the TRESemme treatment. 

Once a week I use a treatment on my extentions that I leave on for about 5 minutes, this helps to keep the hair looking shiny and feeling soft. 

Treatment on extentions - 


I towel dry the hair and apply protecting & styling products as well as a nourishing hair oil, I will show you those products tomorrow.

Do you have a hair product you can't live without? 

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment