Friday 10 January 2014

Review Week - Lush Butterball


I thought I'd mix up my reviews a little bit by putting in a Lush butterball review, normally I would review make up, beauty or hair products but I got a few lush bits over the holidays to try. Gave a lovely gold bomb to my niece to try and my hubby tried a dragons egg bomb, which smells like lemon sherbet, mmmm gorgeous!!


I've tried quite a few of the bombs out now I would normally go for a bomb with ylang ylang because I love the smell, and I find they have always been blended with other really relaxing fragrances perfect for a long relaxing soak in the bath with your candles on!

Today, I'll be reviewing the Butterball, it's smaller than a bomb probably the size of an egg, it's £2.50 and it's a powdery white colour. I decided to try this because my skin had gone really dry recently I think because of the cold weather, and I was told by someone who worked at lush that this was really moisturising.

What lush say - 

If you have dry, sensitive or irritated skin, this is the bath bomb for you. Once the cocoa butter pieces have melted, your skin will be coated by a light buttery film that smells good enough to eat.

So just in case you have never used a bath bomb before lush print the instructions on your label -

Start by running a perfect temperature bath, get in and then launch the bath bomb into the water and watch it fizz away.

Here's some pics I took while being careful not to drop my phone into the bath :-) .....



You could really see the butter pieces inside the bomb breaking off into the bath. It didn't take long for the bomb to dissolve about a minute or two.


Your bath is then left with a buttery oily film on top which I found a bit strange, I didn't enjoy as much as I thought I would, I much prefer a bath overfilled with bubbles to sink into.


As much  as I didn't like it at the time, when I got out he bath all that lovely oil goes onto your skin, as you get dry and rub the oils in it makes you feel like you've just been for a massage at the spa and all the lovely oils are left to go into your skin.

My skin felt lovely and smooth, and the buttery pieces definitely helped with my dry skin. I didn't feel I  needed to put a moisturiser on when I got out the bath.

I would recommend this butterball if you have dry skin patches, and I would recommend the dragons egg bath bomb as well just for a lovely relaxing (emerald green) bath, especially if you've not tried lush before and your wondering what to get, I would definitely get it again!

Have you tried lush bath bombs before? What's your favourite?

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment