Tuesday 21 January 2014

Beauty Tip of the Day - Manicure Week - How to remove Glitter Varnish

This week on my blog is Manicure Week! I've had a few questions on how to's for nails so this week is dedicated to that!!

Thought I'd start with a subject close to my heart - Glitter Nail Varnish!!!! I LOVE glitter polishes, my favourite brand for their glitter range and great prices is Barry M. Here are some of my favourites...


Gorgeous!!!!!! Doesn't glitter just make everything better!!! I think a glitter nail can compliment most outfits and look great on a night out! 

Only problem is....taking it off!! Before I discovered this method, I would dread the moment where I had to remove the glitter. I don't know about you but I would sit there with my cotton wool and a whole bottle of remover to be sat there 30 minutes later, used cotton balls all over the floor, no remover left, varnish stained fingers, and not much paint on the nail but the glitter would still be holding on!!

No more my friends!! No more!!

All you need is -

1 x bottle of any nail varnish remover
10 x small strips of kitchen foil
5 x cotton wool pads cut in half to give you 10 halves


Step one - soak the cotton wool half in remover and place over your nail.


Step two - wrap that with a piece of kitchen foil.


Step 3 - After 5 mins or so, squeeze the foil and pull off your finger! You will find all the varnish has been removed and your ready to apply a base coat for your next colour.....probably another glitter now you know how easy it is to remove!! ;-)

Hope this helped my fellow glitter fans!!

Also worth a mention is Barry M's newest collections!!

A new matte finish foundation in 5 shades for only £5.99
And three new eye and cheek palettes £6.49 each
I'm really looking forward to trying these, they've been out for a few weeks but I haven't seen them in stores near me yet. Time to shop!!

If you've tried any of the new products please let me know what you think!

Hannah x


.

No comments:

Post a Comment