Monday 13 January 2014

Beauty Tip of the Day - Award Season - Barely there Make Up like Margot Robbie

Award season!!!! Yey!!!! This is my favourite time of year for looking at all the celebs and getting inspiration for make up and hair. I thought overall for the golden globes, the celebrities had gone really chic and classy with their make up, concentrating on flawless, glowing skin, and paying attention to the lashes.

My favourite make up was on Margot Robbie, so simple and elegant, paired with a sleek bun and fabulous dress she got a 10/10 from me. And of course that meant I had to know everything about her look.

Her make up artist Jenn Streicher who's other work includes make up for Selena Gomez, Emily Blunt and Clare Danes said that Margot wanted a 'Clean & Minimal look to compliment her Gucci gown', and that is exactly what she got, this make up is perfection!



So how do you and I get this look...?

Thankfully for us Jenn used products that we can pick up and try ourselves at affordable prices. 
She used to following -

Loreal Rivitalift Miracle Blur on the T Zone - it doesn't look like you can get this in the Uk yet unless you buy on the internet and pay high p&p charges.

Loreal's One Sweep Blush Duo in Flush - again something we need to wait for in the uk, looks gorgeous though! You can actually buy this on eBay in uk but check post and packaging.

Loreal's Voluminous Butterfly Effect Mascara - this I have recently bought!! It's amazing!!! It's sooo pigmented, my lashes look super dark. All Loreal's make up is on offer in boots for 3 for 2 so I would say get in there ASAP!!


The mascara is £10.99, it comes in Black, Extra Black, Midnight Blue and Midnight Purple. The brush is so different to anything I've ever used before, it curves to the natural shape of your lashes to make sure every single lash gets covered. 

Here's what it looks like on me...


If you look at the picture above my natural bare lashes compared to two coats of the mascara!!! Wowsers!! It's easily doubled the length of my lashes, it's amazing!!!!! I will definitely be repurchasing this mascara, I think i will also try the extra black as well, although I'm so happy with how black my lashes are here I don't know how they would be able to improve.

It doesn't say what Margot had on her lips but the nude colour suits her skin tone so well. I would recommend the nude Privee collection by Loreal that I've recommended before for the perfect nudes to match everyone's skin tones. As you know Julianne is my favourite. 


The other thing about Margot's look that makes it stand out is her glowing sun kissed skin, to start with they used St Tropez all over her body, I've got the wash off one which I love, you can buy that at boots as well for your face and body, starting from about £10, or if you want a professional to do it, you can get a full body St Tropez tan starting from around £30.

Hope this helped to get an insight into Margot's look, if you've got any questions please leave a comment and I'll do my best to help!

Who was your favourite celebrity on the catwalk of the Golden Globes?

Hannah x



No comments:

Post a Comment