Wednesday 11 December 2013

Beauty Tip of the Day - Eyebrow Week - Methods of Eyebrow Shaping &Aftercare

Firstly, can I just say I have been working on this blog post on & off all day, just as I've nearly finished ready to publish it somehow has been deleted!!! All of it!!! So now in a bit of a temper I'm starting again!!

So yesterday I showed you how to choose an eyebrow shape to flatter your face. Today we're looking at how to remove all the unwanted hair. Tomorrow I'll be showing you how to fill your brows in, because if yours are anything like mine they need more work than just shaping before I leave the house!!

The main 3 ways to shape your eyebrows are - waxing, tweezing or threading.

My preferred method is waxing. I think it's quick, and removes all hair for a smooth area for your make up. I am a fully qualified beauty therapist so I can wax my own eyebrows, but before I could do my own I went to salons or had a mobile technician come to my house. It normally costs around £6-£10 depending where you live, and if it's done in salon or at home. Here are my before & after pictures - 


P.s I have grown my eyebrows out purposefully for this weeks Eyebrow week!!! 



As you can see in my after picture, after waxing the area becomes quite red, this is the one draw back for me for waxing. Not everyone will go red, but for those of us that do what are some ways to help? To cool and sooth the area I would take cucumber out of the fridge and place it on the red area for 10 mins or so, not only is this cooling but it's also really relaxing and refreshing. Other times I put a damp cotton pad in the freezer for a couple of minutes, and then place that on the area until the area is cool.

But what if we're in a rush, or on our way out? When you go for a wax you should be given some aftercare information of do's and donts after a wax. One of those donts is not to put make up on the area for 24hrs. However sometimes I need a quick fix so I don't look crazy going out or to work, so I use mineral powder and lightly dust a layer over the red areas, it covers the red but it still allows skin to breath.

Another method is Tweezing/Plucking. I only use tweezing to remove hairs in between waxing or to tidy up any hairs that waxing didn't remove, I never use tweezing as a method to remove all the hair but a lot of people do. The best tweezers I've tried are Tweezerman.



These can be found online at -

http://www.feelunique.com/p/Tweezerman-Point-Tweezer-Stainless-Steel   £20


Or in a Boots store for -


I highly recommend them for the precision they give, I have them in my kit that I take to clients as well.


The other option is Threading. I have never tried threading before, but I have seen it done in places like debenhams, and it is something I will try next time I see someone doing it. When I do I'll let you know! 


How do you keep your brows in check? 


Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment