Sunday 22 December 2013

Beauty Haul & First Impressions

Well what can I say, I've had a very exciting weekend of beauty purchases! ;-)

On Friday I got Benefits Boi-ing concealer, and yesterday I went to Urban Decay and got Naked 3 and my first 24/7 liner.

So I thought I would do a first impressions post so you can see what all the fuss is about! I will be doing a proper review after using the products for a couple of weeks.

So my first purchase...

Benefits Boi-ing concealer! Loved the packaging for this, same high standard as all of the benefit products. I used this today for the first time and so far it's living up to the hype, so lovely amd creamy to apply, and great match for my colouring. £17.50




Next is my Urban Decay mini haul.....

24/7 liner in Bourbon. It really does glide on, so soft and pigmented! It was so hard to choose my colour but I'm glad I went with Bourbon, it's more dark bronze than brown on my skin with a metallic finish. Wore it all day to today, was quite surprised after nearly 9 hours, and getting soaked in the rain it's still on, no touch up required, really is waterproof. £12.50




And finally, my most exciting purchase NAKED 3!!!!!!! £37 Its in a lovely light pink tin case with rose gold lettering. Really love the packaging! And I was quite surprised how good the closing mechanism is for a tin, no way that baby is popping open in my make up bag! :-)


Here's a close up.....
You can't see just how beautiful some of the colours are there, they really are beautiful and sparkly!


Here's the comparison between Naked 1 & 3! I loved the packaging for naked 1, the brown velvet with gold writing, it was so original. I think for my skin tone Naked 1 will be more evening shades now, and Naked 3 will be my every day colours, except for Blackheart which I can't wait to wear on my next night out! 




Overall my first impression of all 3 products is that they are all great! I always do my research and read/watch product reviews anyway so I knew they all had great reviews but I like to test things out for myself as well and give an honest opinion. So after a couple of weeks I'll do a full review when I know how the products wear etc. 

What make up was your favourite or most exciting buy?

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment